- AVC welcomes all individuals 21 years of age and older who are motivated to share their time and talents in Armenia for a minimum term of one month. Past volunteers have ranged in age from 21 to 72.*
- There are no language requirements.
- The Armenian Volunteer Corps seeks skilled volunteers with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Serving in Armenia takes dedication, flexibility and patience.
- AVC enjoys a reputation for sponsoring conscientious, open-minded volunteers who understand cultural differences. Our volunteers must be willing to put aside their own expectations as they use their abilities to make a difference.
Volunteers are selected via comprehensive application process:
AVC accepts applications on a rolling basis throughout the year. Your complete application should be submitted at least two months prior to your intended arrival, allotting enough time for the AVC application committee to process and review your application and, if you are accepted, the AVC staff to make appropriate arrangements for your service in Armenia.
Once we have received all of your application materials, including your two (2) references, you will receive an e-mail confirming that your application is complete and scheduling a telephone interview. An in-person interview may also be scheduled. Your application will then be forwarded to our application review committee. You will receive an e-mail notifying you whether you have been accepted into the program. Finally, if you are approved, you will receive another e-mail with detailed information about your trip to Armenia and later an email with information about your volunteer placement.
All accepted applicants are required to submit a 65,000 AMD (approximately 150 USD) donation payable upon arrival in Armenia before volunteer service commences.
* If you are between the ages of 21 and 32 and of Armenian heritage, you may be eligible for sponsorship by Birthright Armenia. Eligiblity requirements can be found on the Birthright Armenia site.