PATHWAY TO ARMENIA
Pathway to Armenia is designed to offer qualified, motivated, and committed alumni the support needed to explore the possibility of living and working in Armenia full-time on a long-term basis (i.e., one year or longer). The program supports alumni with temporary housing in Yerevan or Gyumri, job search, and general consultation.
The following services and benefits are offered to qualified applicants:
- Formal orientation to living and working in Armenia
- Short-term housing (in Yerevan or Gyumri for a maximum of three months)
- Support with networking and job placements
- Ongoing consultation with experienced staff on issues related to living and working in Armenia
- A full-service office to help with your job search
ELIGIBILITY is limited to AVC and Birthright Armenia alumni in good standing. Alumni must apply to secure a room in the Pathway apartment. Priority is given to (ranked in order):
- Alumni currently in Armenia who have completed their volunteer service and are actively looking for full-time employment in Armenia with the intention of staying long-term
- Alumni who are not currently in Armenia but want to return and seek full-time employment
- Alumni who are not currently in Armenia but have secured employment in the country
In cases when we have a waiting list, alumni who have secured a job and are staying in the apartment are limited to a 30-day stay starting from their first day of employment. In all other cases, alumni may stay up to 3 months.
To reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection, beginning January 1, 2022, all tenants must provide written proof of full COVID-19 vaccination. Also, no guests or gatherings are allowed at Pathway apartments.
HOW TO APPLY
- Application: Please fill out the application thoroughly. Only completed applications will be considered.
- Essay: The purpose of the essay is to better understand the type of work you are seeking as well as your long-term goals and motivations. Please write about the type of employment that interests you and describes your personal background and motivations for wanting to live and work in Armenia.
- References: We require at least two reference letters from people who know you best. One reference should be a member of your community who can speak about your involvement and experience in the community. The other reference should be from either a professor or someone in your professional field, preferably a supervisor, who can address your work ethic and character. If you were a participant of AVC within the past 12 months, you are exempt from this requirement.
- Resume: Your resume will help us understand your background experience and give us a better idea what type of work you will be seeking and where you would best serve.
After completing the application, send it along with all necessary documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recommend you submit your complete Pathway application package at least two months prior to your planned arrival in Armenia (unless you are a current volunteer, in which case we ask you to submit it one month prior). Our staff will review your application and send it to our Board for a final review and decision. We’ll then notify you!