PREPSTEP: OUR PROCESS
ARE YOU READY TO EXPERIENCE ONE OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL AND HOSPITABLE PLACES IN THE WORLD? GET STARTED NOW. THIS IS HOW IT WORKS:
There is none. AVC accepts applications on a rolling basis throughout the year.
Once we have received all of your application materials, including your references,
As soon as you are approved, you can finalize your travel dates and purchase your ticket.
You will receive another e-mail 10 days to two weeks prior to your arrival with important arrival in Armenia,
READY TO APPLY?
Please note that completing this application will require time. We recommend you carefully review and prepare the required documents (including the required statements) BEFORE you begin the process of filling out the form. The application is multi-page; once you begin, you will not be able to save it for later.
To be eligible for the Armenian Volunteer Corps you must
- Be at least 21 years of age
- (NB: If you are age 21-32 and of Armenian Descent, you should contact Birthright Armenia directly as you may not be eligible for AVC)
- Be able to complete a minimum one month (two weeks in the case of Professional Corps service) service term
- Adhere to AVC policies
- Not have an affiliation with any country’s intelligence agencies
Married couples are welcome to apply, but both spouses must be found eligible to serve. Each partner should individually complete an application, and then both applications should be submitted together.
- Completed application form including a 500 to 800 word personal statement (and, if you plan to volunteer for more than 4 months, a 300 to 750 word cross cultural experiences statement)
- Resume (uploaded .doc or .pdf)
- References (you will need to download the reference form, send it to two appropriate individuals (supervisor, professor, colleague, etc.) not related to you and ask them to complete and email it directly to email@example.com with your name in the subject line.
What is AVC’s policy for volunteers with different backgrounds?
Our policy is clear. Armenian Volunteer Corps welcomes people from a variety of identities and backgrounds to apply. We have a zero tolerance policy for discrimination against volunteers based on age, race and ethnicity, geographical background, socio-economic status, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, mental and physical ability, and language proficiency. We aim to be an inclusive space where all volunteers find the support and community that they need before, during and after their stay in Armenia.